No! Its NOT too late to start a YouTube channel for your business or personal brand.
But, something must be getting in the way if you haven’t started yours by now.
You might be too busy to research what’s required, or think you need an expensive studio to produce your videos. Whatever the issue, let us overcome it together.
Follow the steps below to create your channel, or simply reach out to us if you would like us to do it for you.
- Sign in to YouTube on a computer or using the mobile site.
- You’ll see a prompt to create a channel.
- From your channel dashboard click “customize channel”
- Click the settings cogwheel and then click “advanced Settings” and enter all of the prompted information such as the country you are in and keywords about your brand. Keywords can include what your channel is about, the problems it helps solve, the people and products featured, your industry etc. You can then select whether or not you want to appear as a recommended channel on other account pages.
- Back on your channel customization dashboard, click on the “About” tab. Add a channel description and links to other web pages associated with your brand.
- Fill in your channel description with keywords and contact information and links to other social media sites
- Up to five links can overlay your channel art, meaning that the banner on your profile page will contain icons for the links you choose to overlay on this list. To add these links, navigate to the About section of your YouTube channel and click “+ Links.”
- Upload a profile photo: 800×800 pixels
- If your YouTube channel is linked to a Brand Account, (if you created it through a google account) you’ll need to update this image in the “About” section of your Google account. Note that this rule also applies to your channel name when using a Brand Account.
- If a message pops up and there is an option to “edit” click that and you will be taken to a page where you can edit your brand account details such as profile image and name.
- Upload a Banner image: 1546 x 423 minimum (if there is text use this size) 2560 x 423 maximum
- Hover your cursor over the background to reveal a pencil icon in a white box. Click this icon and then click “edit channel art”
- Click here for some great examples
You are ready to start uploading videos to your channel!
- Profile Photo: 800 x 800 pixels (RED)
- Cover Banner: 2560 x 463 pixels (ORANGE)
- Thumbnail Template: 1920 x 1080 pixels (BLUE)